Tuesday, February 9, 2016

PTI anniversary - Sampler square challenge

The anniversary countdown continues at Papertrey Ink. I've missed a few days of challenges (I'm still hoping to go back to them), but today's was too good to miss. Nine 1.5 inch squares, each with a different technique.
The techniques, in rows from top left, were:
white emboss resist; stamped with spritzed ink to give splodgy base then stamped again with image;  stamped and coloured with copics; stencil with texture paste then stamped; paper piecing; masked and sponged; acetate with alcohol inks over stamped image, originally pigment ink overstamped with dye ink until I realised I hadn't included a sentiment (duh) and then became heat embossing; off-set diecut with contrast colour inset.


Saturday, February 6, 2016

PTI Anniversary Day 1

So excited to take part in the PTI anniversary celebration challenges again. This is when I get more cards made than at any other time of year.

A simple colour challenge to start off. I chose this one.

Amy's-colors


I used PTI meadow greens, stamping the flowers first and then masking to add the ferns, stamped first in stormy sea and then shadowed in aqua mist. The splatters are stormy sea and tropical teal.
I also blended a little bit of aqua mist into the centre of each flower for a bit of depth.
The sentiment is from Super swoosh, which, together with its smaller predecessor, were probably my favourite items from last year's releases.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

PTI MIM #238

The challenge at Papertrey Ink this week was to use ombre effects on a valentines card.
I actually needed 2 anniversary cards so I used the effect but not the valentines. I hope that's still allowed!
I made the blue first, and decided to vary the base card for the second. For some reason the washi tape I'd used to mask the ombre area stuck far too well on the second one and ripped the card, which is why I ended up having to mount the panel.
The stamps were PTI Life and larger than life, and the wet paint die and stamp set.
The inks were all from the distress ink range.