SSS Monday - Not a card

It is so long since I've had time to play along with a SSS challenge, but I finally got to a project I've been meaning to have a go at ever since my best friend gave me her Mother-in-law's button box, and I came into possession of more shirt buttons than I could ever hope. So this project is for SSS Monday - Not a card challenge.
I started with a very cheap art canvas, and covered it with pages from the botany section of an encyclopedia I picked up (for free!) from our library when they were getting rid of it. I then sponged a selection of distress inks over the top (tumbled glass, cracked pistachio, twisted citron, shaded lilac).
I used the ground espresso distress crayon and a stencil from The crafter's workshop to give a basic tree shape, and then added finer branches using ground espresso ink and the branch from PTI "out on a limb".
And then came the buttons. So many buttons! They're attached with a hot glue gun.
Once that was done I used a TH stencil to just add a few flourishes and added a quote from the book that always makes me cry.

Comments

  1. I love this! The background is so pretty and soft and showcases the tree perfectly. Love the sentiment too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, too! Nothing like jumping back into crafting with such a monumental project--way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment