Make it Monday #100 - Papertrey Ink

Edited 22nd August for "Recipe Remix"
This was the first card I ever posted online.
Looking at it now it's so out of balance as I just threw lots of elements that I liked on their own at it and totally overwhelmed it. I still love the tickets, and was inordinately proud of having used glossy accents for the first time to make the little balloon stand out.
I'd love to see how an experienced hand could create order and style from the chaos.



My very first post is the reason I created a blog - to allow me to enter some of the many card making challenges listed each week.
I really got interested in card making about a year ago, having dabbled with scrapbooking but never fully caught the bug. When I discovered Papertrey Ink it just suggested so many possibilities and I was immediately in creative heaven! I even started tentatively back to work to earn some money to support what could very quickly become an obsession.
This weeks challenge was "How to package cards with oversized embellishments".
I loved the simplicity of the suggestion of just using a bigger envelope (I mean, NSS, but it really never had crossed my mind!) and stamping it to match the card.
I got the "Just the ticket" border die and stamp set for Christmas and thought this might be just the right project to try it out. The "Banner builder" set is one of my favorites so far and I just love the tag-its series.
I used glossy accents in the balloon to add some shine.
I know I've got a lot to learn about composition, but by challenging myself I'm hoping to get better. And there's nothing more challenging that putting your efforts up on the web for all the world to see!
Now I just have to work out how to submit the entry......
Make it Monday #100 PTI
Stamp sets:
Papertrey Ink: Just the Ticket; Banner builder; tag-its #10; sew simple borders
Fiskars: Vintage Farmhouse
Ink:
Papertrey Ink: Lavender moon; Plum pudding
Memento: Sweet Plum
Card:
Papertrey Ink: Lavender moon

Comments