CAS(E) this sketch challenge #15

I needed an anniversary card so I thought I'd try and combine this with inspiration from this week's CAS(E) this sketch challenge. I'm not a Clean and Simple girl by nature, but love how it looks when it's done right (as in, by someone else!). So I'm working on the basis that the more I try it the better it'll get.
This is the inspiration sketch
As I've said in previous posts, embellishments (brads, buttons, bling) are well outside my comfort zone but I'm making myself use them to find out by trial and error what works and what doesn't. The sparkly "love" came in a pack with some paper I loved but has been sitting in the drawer as I couldn't imagine ever finding a use for it. Strange then that it was the starting point for this card that the rest of the design built off.


I went over all 3 of the papers with Tim Holtz's distress stain in festive berries to bring them all close to the same red. The ripped bottoms gave more texture. With a do-over I'd make the top layer sligthly shorter. I left it longer to allow for the stitching but the balance looks slightly off still.
I embossed the black LOVE to make it stand out more on the red background.
I like the way the "topper" works, but then couldn't work out where the sentiment would look right! I'll just have to write it inside the card.

Comments

  1. I'm not the best with embellies, but sometimes they just seem to work. Your card is wonderful and I love the boldness of the red on white.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you've stamped the scroll above the banner and the placement of the bling both on and off the banner - clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you think . . . very classy and elegant. Love the bold colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment