Sunday, March 10, 2013

CAS(E) this sketch challenge #18

I needed a birthday card for my niece who's turning 4 and thought I'd use the CAS(E) this sketch challenge as my start point.

She's a pink girl so I knew I wanted a pink matting, but liked the way the striped paper worked for the candles.
I went over the flames with glossy accents to give them a bit of shine and used my new favourite tip (from a Bo Bunny tutorial) of layering the candles onto a smaller piece of chip board to make them stand slightly off the paper. I also edged the candles with a little Hibiscus burst ink to stop the whites from merging into each other. I found 4 an awkward number to place in a design that looks balanced but that's her age so I had to just go with it.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic and fun! Love the striped candles! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those big bold candles! What a very happy card! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card- I love the embossed background and the striped candles! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete