Sunday, March 10, 2013

MIM #106 - two-toned stamped flowers

I'll be honest - I don't actually like the style used in the tutorial for this project so tried to find a way of incorporating the idea of using 2 different colored inks while still achieving a more subtle look.
I used Adirondack lights ink in shell pink and Memento lulu lavender to give a more delicate contrast.
I continued the idea of using 2 inks for the flower centers - Memento rich cocoa and PTI harvest gold.
The flowers are from the Simple Sunflowers mini stamp set and die and the sentiment is Fillable frames #4.
I learned 2 things this week that will be nothing new to most people but were new - and really useful - to me.
First, the best way to get the paper out of dies is to use a glue dot on the end of a pencil and second, to make an easy mat for a die cut just draw round the outside of the die and then cut it out. I know they're both really obvious but I'd never thought of either until I saw them used.

2 comments:

  1. Did not know either of your terrific hints, so thank you for sharing, and love the subtlety of the petals, especially the flower centers!

    ReplyDelete