Make It Monday #111: Watercoloring Embossed Images

Is it just me or has there been a lot of watercolor/embossing in the last few challenges? Not that I mind as I do like the results but my re-inkers have never seen so much use.
As I discovered with the watercolor splodges 2 weeks ago, I don't have many "detail" stamps (at least not PTI ones) so I decided to use the background basics - tin types (again) and clear emboss over white card stock. I then used Tim Holtz distress inks in Spun sugar and scattered straw to create the watercoloring on the background and the butterfly.
I used the border and image from tag-its #3, and the sentiment from tag-its #2, along with the tiny butterfly from Postmarks. Sadly I was moving without thinking and stamped the little butterfly in the wrong ink so he's standing out a bit too much for my liking but what are you going to do when this is the last element you add?


Comments

  1. Beautiful card Sarah, I like your butterfly the way it is and such pretty colors.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Sarah. I thought this was a fun challenge. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely watercolor background and a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with tintypes, and beautiful pastel colors. Your water coloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the FUN Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. So soft and feminine. Love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment