Make It Monday #115: Beyond Paper with Impression Plates

I don't want to even think about how much time I've spent trying to make this card - and how much ended up in the trash. I was almost at the point of giving up and walking away but the fact that I actually went out and bought alcohol ink made me determined to get some sort of result to show for the stained fingers.

I used a texture fade impression folder on the piece of plastic that a stamp set came on (I knew it would come in handy if I kept it) and then dabbed on a blue alcohol ink, this time leaving some space between the spoldges. Then I used a bright pink distress paint over the top which shows through just a smidge on the non-painted side. I then left it to dry for hours (but still not quite long enough it seems).
I used the PTI cloud die and just added a tiny bit of pale pink ink to the edges to soften them.
Then I used the PTI Fly Away stamp and die set to add the plane and sentiment and a matching border strip at the bottom to tie it all together. The plane and banner outline are embossed but the sentiment just stamped in black ink (far too many attempts to emboss the letters well enough to read drove me to this compromise). I also colored in the propeller blades with a black copic.

Comments

  1. Great results here, Sarah. Never knew you could impress those plastic pieces. And your 'sky' is wonderful. Alcohol inks, eh, must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hard work paid off! This was a challenge, and I love the airplane across the sky. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment