Play date cafe Challenge #186 - Color splash "nectarine"

I was bobbing around the blogs of some very talented people and came across the link to this challenge
The Play Date Cafe
This weeks challenge has just gone up and it was to mix black and white with nectarine and I thought I'd have a go.


I stamped the herringbone background stamp onto white card stock and then used PTI Mat stack 3 die. I then cut a circle using PTI limitless layers.
On the card base I stamped a circle using Hero Arts Fresh peach ink (because peach is almost the same as nectarine, right?) that had been "roughed up" a bit by rubbing a comb back and forth a few times. I then stamped a sentiment from PTI 2011 Birthday tags over the top.
The butterfly is from the new Hero Arts "Favorites" set, stamped in black and colored with a few copics to try and get close to the peachy shade.
The frame and butterfly were stuck on with foam tape.
I am NOT a CAS person but felt this color scheme worked really well with the style. I'm desperate to take it off and add more to the background but I'm making myself leave it alone.

Comments

  1. Love your CAS card, the placement of all the elements and use of the challenge colours are perfect. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your original design! Beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment