Friday, July 12, 2013

Something sweet/Pin it

I'm all topsy turvy with my SSS challenges this week - my Vintage challenge looks far too CAS and this looks rather vintage. When I saw the title was Pin It I immediately saw it as a chance to use some teeny tiny clothes pins and then thought about the tutorial I saw on Splitcoast Stampers to make a milk carton and the 2 came together. I'm still  not quite clear from the tutorial how you'r actually supposed to keep the milk carton closed but this clothes pin does the job brilliantly.
Then I saw this color scheme from the Play Date Cafe this week and knew that I'd have to break on of my unwritten rules and actually double up on a challenge and enter this for both of them.
I have a friend coming in to look after my cats (yes, I know, crazy cat woman who scrapbooks - what are the odds) and I thought this would make a nice container for a gift card and something sweet as a little thank you.
Here's a little side view so you can see that it does really look like a milk carton
I dyed the ribbon with some Wild Honey Ink and the clothes pin with a little scattered straw to try and keep with the colours. I even found a stick pin in the right shade from a set my sister gave me ages ago. The stamps (apart from the words on the tag) are all by Darcie Heater.

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable!! Love your milk carton!! Too cute!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete