MIM #131 - Striped Embossing

We've got a "bonus" summer day today, so I wanted to make a quick and easy card to get in the mail for my Nephew's birthday, however, that's not quite how it worked out.
I decided to emboss a circle (from limitless layers) with the age already cut out and just to repeat 2 colours in stripes. I covered the whole circle with versamark and masked the first line with a post it note, only to discover that the post it would not stick to the versamark. I guess a word or pattern gives enough non-stamped area for the post-it to stick to, but not if you cover the entire shape. Anyway, I did the best I could, and just used a brush after each application of embossing powder to tidy the line up.
I stamped a background with orange zest and Background Basics: Super stripes and then ran the ink block across it in places to make it less precise. I was amazed to find I had a set of brads on the same colours (certainly no planning ahead involved!) so I used all of them to beef up the sentiment banner.

Comments

  1. The brads are a perfect frame for the sentiment, and by the way so is your embossing! Your nephew will love this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment