MIM #143 - Modern Whimsy

It's pretty fair to say that this weeks Make It Monday was far, far out of my comfort zone.
I was grateful to Danielle for her suggestion to look at her Pinterest board and this did help a lot as I really didn't know where to start.

This isn't actually a card. My nephew has asked for donations towards a new bike for Christmas. I hate giving money - it seems so completely impersonal and without thought but this year I decided not to fight it.
However, making a cheque holder specifically for him at least helped me feel that I'd put some effort into it.
The "FOR" tag will get his name added, but my handwriting has always been a bit rubbish so I thought I'd take the photo before I spoiled it.

Comments

  1. So many lovely details here, Sarah! I think it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I love the confetti border dies here. He'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love the star and confetti! Your nephew will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!! Love the stars!! The Confetti Garland is one of my favorites!! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the addition of the glassine bag! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment