SSS Wednesday - Let's have a laugh

I made this card for the Splitcoast Stampers "Try a new Technique" challenge to make your own stamp, and then thought that it would be a perfect fit for this weeks Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

I made the Birch tree "stamp" by cutting strips of craft foam and then simply adding a few snips in the sides. I used a few strips of glue on an acrylic block to hold the strips in place. This was stamped with Stormy sky Distress ink. I then rubbed some microglaze over the stamped images and used milled lavender and weathered wood inks to create a subtle background for the trees.
The owl is from PTI Polka dot parade series and the sentiment from IO Owl be thankful.

Comments

  1. Very cute! I'm always a fan of a good punny sentiment! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment