Monday, February 17, 2014

MIM #152 - Pigment and dye ink

After all the Anniversary excitement I didn't think I'd need to make any cards for a while, but Heather's tutorial was too good to pass up - MIM #152
I tried really hard to make this card on craft as I have a pigment ink almost the right colour but I couldn't get the pattern to stand out clearly enough. I also found I needed to use one of the "juicier" ink pads - this is Hero Arts pale tomato.
I stamped the roses from PTI "Sweet life" first, then masked them and stamped the diamonds from PTI A little Argyle. The base stamp is one I picked up from a yardsale, and is swirls of leaves, which worked really well for this technique. The sentiment is from Framed out #1 and just about fits inside this frame.
A little piece of white "Divine Twine" finished the card.

5 comments:

  1. Love the design, the argyle, flowers and swirls all work very well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and perfect for Spring! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I love this card! The stamped pink argyle is gorgeous! That sure was a fun technique.

    ReplyDelete