Tuesday, March 11, 2014

SSS Monday - Distress

When the title is Distress, you know you're thinking Tim. That's the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp - Monday. I thought I'd use this as an opportunity from one of his old "tags of" series, specifically March 2012 and the mosaic butterfly.
I decided to try the technique on a leaf, and somehow ended up with a Thanksgiving card (certainly wasn't what I had planned when I sat down). I love the leaf, but think the other elements in the card overpower it. If I have the time I might sit down and try this again, this time making sure the leaf shines on its own.
The colours (distress inks and stains) are mostly ripe persimmon and forest moss.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is quite lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sarah! So creative! Love the mosaic leaf! Thanks for much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete