MIM #200

This week's Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink is a great one.
This cover plate is the first die I've had from Papertrey Ink that didn't cut completely cleanly on the first pass - probably because it is so intricate. However, a metal shim and some patience with the Quick stik were all it took to get this beautiful die tamed.
I love how the two layers work together. I shall be playing with some other colour combinations as well. I was planning on using the "happy" die from Wet paints at the bottom, but, much to my surprise, I don't seem to own the Wet paint dies. How did that happen? I can only assume they were out of stock when I went to order them. I shall be putting that right as soon as possible! Wonderful words - Hello made a good substitute in the meantime, and the sentiment is from "Wishes come true".

Comments

  1. Beautiful...love all your little gems in the tree, really adds a lot of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely color choices! I really like the purple on the Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the purples. Love the look on kraft as well. And your pearl touches are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and so glad to hear you had a bit of difficulty with this die. I too said it's the first PTI die (for me) that didn't cut completely through, after much trial and error I did finally get it to cut, just not as clean as they usually are.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so amazing. I really like the touch of the pearls. I too had trouble with this die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Sarah! Very effective colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I love the 2 layers of purples together and the added bling...really packs a punch! I just heard a tip about using 4 dryer sheets folded in half (so 8 layers) when using intricate dies makes them release like magic...haven't tried it myself yet, but thinking it might be worth a try! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. This die cut is lovely and I like the colors you used along with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely with the two purples! and I like how you used both purples in "hello" too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment