Hero Arts - Nature challenge

While I was blog hopping Hero Arts' new catalog release I found details of their current challenge and thought I'd play along - Nature Challenge
I wanted to play around with the Simple Leaf background stamp from the Basic Grey Persimmon set and had a very clear idea of how I wanted it to look. This, as ever, didn't actually work out but I likely the end result anyway!
 I used an assortment of distress stains to color cardstock (at one point I had 6 different color combinations drying) and then used the Simple Leaf stamp, versamark and clear embossing powder over the top. One the embossing powder had created a mask I used a sponge applicator to shade the uncovered bits and finally ironed off the embossing powder.
The mat is from Hero Arts "le journal" set, while the butterflies are from Stamp you story - My favorite.


Comments