Wednesday, April 1, 2015

SSS Monday - Pastels

My attempt at a pastel card for the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp seems to have turned out more bright than pastel, but considering my starting colours it's a lot more muted than you'd expect.
The background is the fabulous new Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock feathers and cracked pistachio blended together and then covered with a couple of coats of picket fence stain.


 I stamped with IO cracked background in Forget-me-not archival ink and went over that with the blossom stencil and more picket fence stain.
The card was really just an excuse to use the new Tim Holtz flowers. I stamped the poppy image on vellum and heat embossed with charcoal grey embossing powder. Then I coloured the blooms with a mixture of Dried marigold, ripe persimmon and Abandoned coral inks on a cotton bud. Finally I fussy cut them.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous flowers and love the pretty background you blended together. Sweet card! Thanks for joining in the Pastel challenge with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete