SSS Monday - Pastels

My attempt at a pastel card for the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp seems to have turned out more bright than pastel, but considering my starting colours it's a lot more muted than you'd expect.
The background is the fabulous new Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock feathers and cracked pistachio blended together and then covered with a couple of coats of picket fence stain.


 I stamped with IO cracked background in Forget-me-not archival ink and went over that with the blossom stencil and more picket fence stain.
The card was really just an excuse to use the new Tim Holtz flowers. I stamped the poppy image on vellum and heat embossed with charcoal grey embossing powder. Then I coloured the blooms with a mixture of Dried marigold, ripe persimmon and Abandoned coral inks on a cotton bud. Finally I fussy cut them.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous flowers and love the pretty background you blended together. Sweet card! Thanks for joining in the Pastel challenge with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment