Wednesday, May 25, 2016

PTI May blog hop

It's time for the monthly blog hop at Papertrey Ink.
The inspiration picture is lovely, just calling for some soft watercoloring.
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01b7c85c6f3d970b-pi
 Sadly, my watercoloring skills need some work and my original idea just wasn't working out so I changed tack. I painted thick stripes using my inktense pencils and once they were dry used the hearts cover plate to cut out a whole load of little hearts.
I embossed a piece of card with the cover plate so I knew where to position the hearts and made a column of each color.
To add some detail I then stitched a line through the centre of each column (I scored the line first so I could get the stitching straight) and mounted a sentiment over the empty space.

And then I made a bonus card with the negatives.



6 comments:

  1. Love your stitched heart card! Beautiful variation of coloure. Bonus you could make another great card from the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you put a ton of time and love and care into your card and it really shows! It's fabulous and I love that you made a pretty negative card, too!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, 2 lovely creations, Sarah. Beautiful greens and lovely stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are both so pretty! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful!! I love the stitching!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete