PTI May blog hop

It's time for the monthly blog hop at Papertrey Ink.
The inspiration picture is lovely, just calling for some soft watercoloring.
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01b7c85c6f3d970b-pi
 Sadly, my watercoloring skills need some work and my original idea just wasn't working out so I changed tack. I painted thick stripes using my inktense pencils and once they were dry used the hearts cover plate to cut out a whole load of little hearts.
I embossed a piece of card with the cover plate so I knew where to position the hearts and made a column of each color.
To add some detail I then stitched a line through the centre of each column (I scored the line first so I could get the stitching straight) and mounted a sentiment over the empty space.

And then I made a bonus card with the negatives.



Comments

  1. Love your stitched heart card! Beautiful variation of coloure. Bonus you could make another great card from the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you put a ton of time and love and care into your card and it really shows! It's fabulous and I love that you made a pretty negative card, too!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, 2 lovely creations, Sarah. Beautiful greens and lovely stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are both so pretty! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful!! I love the stitching!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment