MIM #253

Not one, but 2 cards for this weeks Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink.
The technique is very simple, and very effective.
My new woodblock stencils are due later this week, but in the meantime I used Hero Arts Rain dance stencil instead for both these cards.
I made this one first, using a combination of green parakeet, Hibiscus burst and Berry sorbet inks. I tried to use Lovely lady, but it had completely dried out - already! Not sure if this is a fluke or an issue with this colour. I'd love to know if anyone else has the same problem. Anyway, once I'd put this together, I decided the sentiment didn't pop quite how I wanted it to, so I had another go.
This time I covered the whole stencil with Green parakeet, then went back and dabbed some off with a paper towel in a few spots and then sponged pure poppy over the top (yes really, pure poppy - because I didn't remove all the green it turned the red this rusty colour). I used the same sponge to edge a mat to get the same colour.
The sentiment is a die cut from the super swoosh set, together with part of a sentiment from Mini blooms. I added a few blobs of Ranger's enamel just because I moved it this morning when I was looking for something else and couldn't remember the last time I'd used it.


Comments

  1. I love your color combos. I've only used my Lovely Lady once - will have to give it a try. I hope it hasn't out. That has to be a fluke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are wonderful! Lovely designs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment