SSSM - Stamp It

It won't come as any surprise, when you look at the cards for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp - Monday, to hear that I'd just watched Tim Holtz's facebook video for the new Stamper's Anonymous release when I made them.
I had one card in my head, but it evolved into 3 different ones as I went along. I also used a lot of stencils for a stamping challenge, but the stamps are in there too.
I learned a couple of things with this card a) don't stencil with stickles but b) glitter mixed into translucent embossing paste works great. The background is actually the result of inking up a stencil for the next card (but why waste it), overstamped with IO cover-a-card "screen".
This card was the one I started out making - the birch tree are a Memory Box stencil, inked and spritzed and then layed onto white card. I then used the stencil properly to sponge on some distress inks and also to stamp with Hero Arts Old  French writing and IO "screen". The Peace sentiment is a die from PTI, covered in icicle stickles.
This 3rd one is actually my favourite. The background started out as a birch tree stencil that got lost under layers of sponging. It all got a bit dark so I smeared some white pigment ink around the edges. There's also a tiny SU snowflake and dot stamp scattered randomly around. The snowflake was stamped once on the card and coloured in with a gold sharpie. I then stamped it on acetate, cut it out, and heated it to give a bit of dimension.
Before I stuck the star on I used a SSS stencil and Wendy Vecchi embossing paste to add snow, and embossed the sentiment with Ranger super fine black.



Comments

  1. WOW! All three of these cards were so stunning! I felt like each one had its own little story to tell and each one conveys both a festive feeling and a feeling of peace! They are so perfect for the holiday season! The color palette was fresh and modern, too, but you still kept all the wonderful traditional elements in place, too. And I got a kick out of reading about your process and the lessons learned! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment