PTI 2008

I love that PTI are spreading their anniversary celebrations over 2 months (even if that wasn't the original plan), and I'm having a blast looking at the stamps from each year. The card is for 2008, and I have to admit it fought me all the way. So much so that I went to bed having made 2 cards I didn't really like with a bin full of mis-starts. So I got up this morning and went at it with a fresh set of eyes and made a card I love.
I've had "Out on a limb" for quite a few years now. It's one of the first sets I bought when I first discovered PTI. This card also uses "Birthday basics", hands down one of the best birthday sentiment sets you'll ever buy.
Here's one of the cards I wasn't quite so happy with. I decided to see if I could bend the branch from "Out on a limb" a bit to form a wreath. It sort of worked. The flowers are from Honey bees (another great set, although I use the florals and grasses more than the bees). I had to sponge the background as I picked up ink on my fingers at some point and made some very unattractive splodges on the card.



Comments