10th anniversary - favourite florals

The challenge today at Papertrey Ink was to make a card using your favourite floral stamp. I count the 2 sets I used (Life and Larger than life) as 1 set as I never use one without the other. I usually head straight for the larkspur/lavender image, and almost always to emboss over a watercolor background so today I wanted to do something different.

I'll be honest, I don't know what the flower is supposed to be - carnation maybe? but I felt the need for some yellow tones so treated it like a dandelion. I stamped first having coloured the images with Zig clean colour markers and spritzing the stamp with water to produce a slightly hazy image. Then I stamped again with Limeade ice and Bright buttercup inks and this time spritzed the paper. Once I'd dried it all I stamped the stems only, one last time with limeade ice.

Comments