10th anniversay - transformation

The last day of challenges as part of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary celebrations (although I've still got a few days to go back to). The challenge is to take a card you rejected and make it better.
I've gone back to a card I started making for the first day - Lizzie's stitching challenge.
The first incarnation was black and kraft only. Very elegant but rather dull for a birthday card. Also very messily stamped so I threw it away (d'oh) and started again, this time using tropical teal and alluring amethyst inks.
It was alright, but felt very flat and dull so I left it and moved onto a different idea.
This challenge made me pull it back to my desk and look at it again. I decided some dimension would help it no end, so I got the square nesting dies out again.
Popping a couple of the elements up has made a huge difference. It's still clean but more visually interesting. 


Comments

  1. Looks terrific with the elements popped up -- great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation!! Love your new look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment