SAF - Tin and aluminum #1

I love this technique. So effective, but achievable. No tin sheets here, or even thick aluminum foil so I improvised, and it still worked out OK. I can't really recommend my method, but it'll do in a pinch.
I folded a sheet of regular foil into 4, scraping a thin layer of tacky glue between each layer and then stuck all of this onto a piece of card with another thin layer of glue. Then I put this sandwich into an embossing folder and put it through the big shot. Glue, naturally, squirted everywhere, but once I'd wiped down the plates, the folder and the foil layer I was left with something I could work with.
I had bronze embossing powder, and paired that with Frantage aged gold embossing enamel. I struggled for a while about how to use the resulting marvel. It seemed a shame to just use a little bit, but it was also a bit too full on to easily add a sentiment, which is why I added the black space (I stuck it on with glossy accents as it didn't feel like anything else would be up to the challenge). PTIs Ombre sentiments is embossed with liquid platinum.

Comments

  1. Wow Sarah, your background turned out amazing! I'm especially impressed with your results using regular foil! Adding the extra cardstock was genius! :-)
    Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came out great! I had to improvise too and used some scrap silver mirror card but your idea worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment