Transformation Tuesday

I know you're supposed to take old projects and refresh them, but I took the card I had originally made for this weeks Make it Monday and didn't like enough to post, and reworked it to make something I was happier with using all the same techniques but a few different stamps.
This is the first one...
It's OK, but the colour I chose for the stencilled edge just wasn't right, and I didn't like the way the stencil looked over the flowers.
So I moved on to this....
This time I went masculine, and stuck with 2 colours of ink (distress oxides - they're just great for this sort of blended project). With both cards I embossed the images in white (doodlie doo for the first card, Star prints and Birthday style for the second) then sponged the inks over the tops, blending to smooth the transitions. Big basics die for the sentiment, slightly offset on a second diecut sponged with the same colours.


Comments