ABNH Watercolour #3

One final card to enter in this month's Watercolour challenge at A Blog Named Hero.
The polite way to describe the technique would be "organic", which basically means I kept playing with it and adding more bits until I really had to step away.
I used a page from an old encyclopedia as the base layer, which is great to use as it absorbs the watercolour wash without wrinkling as it dries (I used Gansai tambi watercolours for the wash and included quite a few patches of gold).
I stamped the chicken from Hero arts Basic grey Farmers market set in watering can archival ink so I could do some no line watercolouring over the top, using a variety of Zig clean colour markers. Once I'd finished painting I spritzed it with a little water so the edges weren't too perfect.
Then came the fiddling - I did some drops of black distress stain; added some detail with a white pigment ink pen and finally added some glossy accents to the tail and beak to make the colours in these areas stand out a little better. A bit of stitching at the top corner added another element.
The sentiment is from Hero arts LP281wood mounted Fathers day set.

Comments

Post a Comment