MIM #328 - Shadow backgrounds

I was so happy I tried this week's Make it Monday technique. I saw the description and was a bit "meh" about it, but really liked Laurie's card on the grey background so thought I'd have a go, and I'm glad I did because it provides a perfect foil to all the gorgeous flowery stamps PTI have been releasing recently.
I used an older set - Vintage linens, as it has a really pretty outline stamp for the blooms, stamped in classic kraft ink on classic kraft card. The flower cluster was stamped in berry sorbet (outline) with pale peony filling. Then I went at it with a few copics to add a bit more contrast. The stem was stamped in prairie grass, and I used a distress marker to add some shading.
The sentiment is embossed in Zing brown butter (and shows up clearly enough to read in real life!)

Comments

  1. This is so pretty. I thought of using that stamp set too. Maybe I will have to try it again with this set. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Love your background on the kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of so many floral sets, I held off on Vintage Linens but each time I see it used, I wish I owned it. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty with the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card with the Kraft background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chose a perfect stamp set for this technique. This card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment