PTI Blog hop - January 2019

Playing along with this month's blog hop at Papertrey ink. Here's the inspiration photo

If you hadn't have told me it was supposed to be a baby gender reveal cake then I really wouldn't have known. No surprise then that my card is totally unrelated to babies.
The mosaic type pattern is what leapt out at me. I thought one of the stencils from the modern backgrounds set would recreate this pretty well. I masked the outside of the Shaper shifters Oval 1 frame and stencilled in the middle with black ink. Then I used a gold sharpie (freehand - feeling brave!) to reinforce the separation.
The floral cluster uses Sweet life and Beautiful berries - spring, stamped in sweet blush, pale peony and melon berry inks.

Comments

  1. Beautiful card! Love how your background matches the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty with that background stenciling, the beautiful roses and that lovely die cut frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, never would have guessed it was for a baby gender reveal party. Lol... Your card is so pretty. Love the stenciled background that matches the photo and the pretty frame your flowers are encased in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who didn't see "baby" with the cake!! Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I love the stenciling in your background too...totally fits with the inspiration photo!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't think it was a "baby" cake - lol! Your stenciled BG is perfect and the florals pair up with it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you've done here. The gold accents are perfect. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauttiful card! The background is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is absolutely perfect and those beautiful roses are just so lovely. Great take on the challenge. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment