Transformation Tuesday

Having not made a card in months, this week I'm catching up on a few challenges to get back in the swing. This one is for the transformation Tuesday challenge at Papertrey Ink.
I made this card for the blog hop, and for my Dad's wife's birthday.
I'm really happy with how it turned out, but it reads a bit old and as I needed another card for my sister in law I thought I'd try and transform it into something more suitable for someone a generation younger.
And this is what I got.....
All the same elements, but a totally different feel.
There's a whole lot of masking in this card - I stamped the beautiful berries - spring set a couple of times, masked them and the oval inside the frame (from Shakers and Sprinkles set) before using one of the stencils from the modern backgrounds set with black ink. Then I used the negative to mask outside the oval and sponged inside with spring rain.
The frame is coloured with a gold sharpie and I die cut another sprig from beautiful berries and trimmed it a little to fit.


Comments

  1. Both cards are lovely. I really like the beautiful berries you added on your second card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment