PTI Laurie's fabulous favourites #1

I'm watching all the changes at Papertrey ink with interest! Make it Monday has always been the only challenge I've played along with with any sort of regularity, and I've learnt so many tips and techniques from the awesome design team over the years, so I shall be sad to see it go. However, I do love the idea of using a favourite stamp set every week as sometimes they get forgotten in the scrambling to meet the challenge parameters.
I'd love to say the floral I've used this week was a favourite, but as I only got it this week that'd be stretching the truth! I can see it becoming one though as I'm really happy with the way it looks. The favourite stamp here is actually the Wet Paint sentiment. I have it in all its iterations and never get tired of them.
I used Year of flowers - sweet peas to create the main image and used Derwent Inktense pencils and a damp paper stump to create the colours. I love this technique as it means you're not limited to watercolour paper but can still get lovely blending.
I stamped the bits of the "happy" where the strip overlaps in soft stone, just to help trick the eyes into not jarring at the gap.

Comments