PTI Laurie's Fabulous Favourites #2

I'm enjoying PTIs new look weekly challenge, the format being more open to interpretation than some of the techniques on Make it Monday have been. This week - colour, which gives me a chance to sing my love for Lavender Moon. My 2nd ever order with PTI included Lavender moon ink and card (one of the 3 colours I had to have on a limited budget) and it has long remained a favourite.
Using lavender moon card I cut out the In the woods cover plate twice. The first I left as is, the second, before I separated the pieces, I sponged on lavender moon and autumn rose inks. I then layered the 2 die cuts together, staggering them so the branches weren't in the exact same places with the darker layer underneath.
For the card mat I sponged autumn rose, lavender moon and soft stone inks onto a white card base and then stamped a leaf background stamp all over with (you guessed it) Lavender moon ink. Then I sponged white pigment ink over the top to mute the pattern in places.
After stamping the sentiment (from Penned sentiments), I went over it with one of the "shadow" images from Pleasing envelopes (yep, lavender moon ink again) to give the sentiment a little more definition.


Comments