Laurie's fab favs #5

When impression plates went on sale earlier this month I decided I'd try a few. Verdicts seemed mixed, but at $4 a plate what did I have to lose. They arrived yesterday and I have barely stopped playing with them since. So much so that I'm going to see which others are still available while I still can. Yes, you have to play with the layering in your die cut machine to work out how to get the best results and no, it isn't as pronounced a result as a regular embossing folder, but that's actually a good thing in my book - subtle and beautiful.
Anyway, I used sunrise 1 impression plate on this pillow box die, lining it up so the circle would be in the right place to take a label cut from limitless layers circles and a combination of the 2011 and 2012 Birthday tags sets.
I love how the rays frame the circle, and the box took seconds to put together. What's not to like!

Comments

  1. Oh! I love this! I never thought to use an impression plant on this pillow die. I want to try this out now! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment