Laurie's fab favs #6

This was such a great challenge, as one thing PTI do really well is their sentiment dies. From wonderful words to ways to say, never forgetting wet paint, I've amassed quite a collection. However, I can't be the only person who was disappointed that the shaped sayings series never went any further - I'd still love a get well soon, I love you or Happy anniversary rather than the really limited use happy mothers/fathers day ones.
Anyway, I wanted something soft and girlie for this birthday card, so opted for some muted tones and kraft and white cards.
The kraft card base has been run through the big shot with the sheet music impression plate (still playing with these lovelies I picked up in the sale). The florals are stamped using the life and larger than life sets, together with a few ferny bits from Pleasing envelopes. I also sponged a bit of simply chartreuse along the bottom, and milled lavender under where the center of the sentiment would sit to fill in the space a little.
The sentiment is cut twice, once in kraft and once in white and stuck together slightly off center so the white peeks through and makes it stand out more.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Birthday card! I agree with you on the PTI Sentiment dies, this HB is one of my faves and it looks fabulous with those pretty posies stamped in the background :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment