PTI Lauries's fabulous favourites #4

I'm awful at using accessories on cards - I can spend hours trying to position sequins so they add to the crad rather than just looking like a few sequins randomly chucked at a card, before usually giving it up as a bad job. So I've spent the past few days trying to think of any way of justifying a clai to a favourite accesory and then using it in a card. I love felt, but I doin't usually use this on cards. Oand then it came to me - I love baker's twine, and while I usually save it for wrapping and tags, I could actually claim to occasionally use it on cards as well.
I tried to be all fancy and clever and had only limited success as it seems that wrapping a shape in bakers twine is harder than you might first think. And why I ended up making a Christmas card in March I can't explain, apart from the fact that I always use this red baker's twine in my Christmas wrapping so that's obviously where my mind went.
I made the card base using pure poppy reinker mixed with gesso, and dry brushed it over the card.

Comments