Laurie's Fab Favs - shaped cards

I'll be truthful upfront. I very rarely make anything other than a standard A2 card. I think I'm being bold if I cut the card lengthwise (4 1/4 by 11) rather than straight across the middle. So claiming anything else as a favourite just isn't true. However, the challenge was to make something other than the standard card size so I went with it anyway.

I used one of the monthly moments journal cards on a piece of folded manila card, placing the left hand cutting edge just off the fold. The sentiments are from a variety of sets: Monthly moments - a few pointers for the die cut arrows and "take note", You've got this from a Keep it Simple set and kid kudos.
The card went straight into a care package I was mailing to my son who's about to start his freshman exams.

Comments

  1. What a great encouragement card for a college student. Mine graduates in just a couple of weeks. Those years fly, but the cards and phone calls will mean so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment