Laurie's fab favs - vellum

I love the look of vellum on cards, but don't use it nearly as much as I should. However, thi challenge reminded my of a technique I'd seen by Jennifer McGuire simply ages ago. The idea is simple. Stamp the coloured image on a little card, layered inside a vellum card with just the outline image stamped and embossed in white embossing powder. I used a big bloom from vintage linens, and added a little more shading to the orange zest stamping with a ripe persimmon distress marker. The leaves are from Stitching garden, and while there isn't an outline stamp it was very easy to just trace am outline onto the vellum using an embossing pen. The scalloped edge to the vellum helped minimize the bit of curl I got to the vellum, and for some reason helps it stand up better. The sentiment is inside, to keep the card from really simple.

Comments

  1. I saw this on the ITP blog and admire it so much. I have seen Jennifer use this technique and you did it so beautifully. I am glad to see that the scalloped die worked as a base...it's one of my favorites. Thanks for a fun reminder of another way to use vellum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment