PTI Video Series with Shauna Todd – Enchanting Roses

 This card really should be an entry for the great cover up - most of the elements are there to cover up some very impatient weeding of the die cut background. It also ended up really quite similar to the inspiration which barely ever happens.


I loved the mix & mat series. They're so versatile. I used the "scallops" inset for this card, cutting it twice to cover almost the whole card front, planning to cover up the join with other elements.

The roses made me think of "the sweet life" set. These are are stamped with pale peony, melon berry and americana inks. I started off with the roses and had cut them out of white card. Once they were finished I decided they'd look better on a cream background so that's what I cut the mix and mat out of. But, when I put the roses onto the mat the white edges of the die looked wrong. Rather than start again I just used a cream copic to hide the white edges.  This was all attached to a melon berry base.

Last night's "live around 5" gave me the idea for curling the sentiment banner with a bone folder to add a little dimension as it was all looking a bit flat. The sentiment is stamped with Americana ink, and the centre of the banner is again coloured with a copic as they were on my table from the earlier "incident"!

Comments