The inspiration picture is lovely, just calling for some soft watercoloring.
Sadly, my watercoloring skills need some work and my original idea just wasn't working out so I changed tack. I painted thick stripes using my inktense pencils and once they were dry used the hearts cover plate to cut out a whole load of little hearts.
I embossed a piece of card with the cover plate so I knew where to position the hearts and made a column of each color.
To add some detail I then stitched a line through the centre of each column (I scored the line first so I could get the stitching straight) and mounted a sentiment over the empty space.
And then I made a bonus card with the negatives.